Initiator and pedagogical manager of the "Health-Solidarity-Poverty" university diploma at the Grenoble Faculty of Medicine (UGA).
Doctor, graduate of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Santé Publique (French School of Public Health).
He began his first experiences abroad in 1985. His medical thesis was on ‘The one-child policy in the People's Republic of China’, during a stay at the ‘Sichuan Medical College of Cheng Du’ in 1985.
In 1987, he joined Médecins du Monde as Mission Chief in Guatemala. He became the director of programmes in 1996 and was elected president in 2006 until 2009.
From 2009 to 2020 he taught at the Institute of Political Studies of Grenoble where he co-directed the master's degree ‘Policies and Practices of International Organisations’.
He is the author of numerous articles in the national press.
Other positions held in the field of health:
· Director of health for the city of Grenoble (2000-–2008)
· Technical advisor and member of the Board of Directors of the psychiatric hospital of St Egrève (2009-–2014)
· President of the Association of Health Centres (Agecsa) (2009-–2014)
· Vice-President of the National Federation of Health Centres (2010-–2012)
· President of the Health Commission and member of the Board of Directors of Uniopss (2012-–2016)
· Member of the National Council for Mental Health (2014-–2016)